VISION, AIMS, ETHOS and VALUES
At NFOLC, the children are at the heart of all we do. We offer a nurturing environment designed to support the development of positive relationships and happy, resilient, confident learners. Our vision explains who we are as a school and why we are here:
New Forest Outdoor Learning Centre promotes curiosity and exploration in a stimulating, safe and nature enriched environment. Children are immersed in individualised and engaging learning opportunities designed to enable social, emotional and academic growth.
The aims of the school are to:
- Provide each student a stable, caring, safe learning environment which celebrates individual talents, praises achievement and meets individual needs
- Develop positive relationships which support, promote, and re-engage students in learning
- Promote students’ academic achievement through a rich curriculum and high-quality teaching embedded in the outdoor environment
- Teach students to respect the beliefs and opinions of others whilst giving them the confidence to express their own
- Promote positive behaviour amongst the students whilst guiding them towards social and economic independence so they can make a positive contribution to society
- Support and promote the health of the students by providing a consistent, nurturing environment that protects them from harm
ETHOS & VALUES
Our ethos is underpinned by the core values of TREES:
These values are carefully woven into all aspects of school life. They support the individual’s development and learning to enable the independent transfer of these skills into later life. It is our aim that as they move towards adulthood, they will grow into well-rounded and valued members of the community.