VISION, AIMS, ETHOS and VALUES
OEA will provide a safe and secure environment which allows students to develop their self-confidence and the resilience to re-engage in learning. By doing so, students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills to be successful in the next steps of their educational and personal journey so they can make a positive contribution to society.
The aims of the school are to:
- Provide each student a stable, caring, safe learning environment which celebrates individual talents, praises achievement and meets individual needs
- Develop positive relationships which support, promote, and re-engage students in learning
- Promote students’ academic achievement through a rich curriculum and high-quality teaching
- Teach students to respect the beliefs and opinions of others whilst giving them the confidence to express their own
- Promote positive behaviour amongst the students whilst guiding them towards social and economic independence so they can make a positive contribution to society
- Support and promote the health of the students by providing a consistent, nurturing environment that protects them from harm
ETHOS & VALUES
Our ethos is represented by a set of 5 core values we hope to instil in each of our students, and which is modelled by every member of staff working at the school.
- Self – Confidence